Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's My Turn

6 days after Caleb's Birthday, it's always my turn to celebrate my own day. It started a little early when I talked my friend Wes into taking me to see Breaking Dawn Friday night as his Birthday present to me (he's such a good sport). Before the movie, Mike came home early and we ventured out to the mall to check out the new stores and have some dinner. Saturday morning we started the day off getting ready spruced up. I couldn't resist putting Faith in this fun outfit. Somethings up with my camera on my phone so I apologize for the blurriness. She was sure ready to party though.


Mike ran to to the store and bought me my own mini cherry pie and some Pepsi for breakfast (does he know me or what?). Then he started on my first Birthday request.....putting up the Christmas tree. I seriously love Christmas and my favorite part of the prep is always the tree. I have tons of other decorations but really I would be ok if all we did was put up the tree and hang the stockings, that's how much I love it. So Mike went to work setting it up for me.

Caleb had a class mates Bday party to attend that day. Since we needed new lights for the tree, we took him and dropped him off at the party and then the rest of us enjoyed a lunch at one of my favorite burger joints, 5 guys. Then we went to Target to get the lights and do a little shopping.

Once we picked Caleb back up and were back home and the lights on the tree, it was time to decorate. Me and 2 of the boys went at it. Sadly Zaden napped through most of that part. But we did save him his special Buzz Lightyear ornament that he proudly put on when he woke up .














Then it was time for the remainder of my day. We ventured off to dinner at Olive Garden, one of my other favorite places. And then it was off to the Grizzlies game. We love going to watch a couple hockey games every year so it seemed fitting to do it as part of my Birthday. I didn't take the camera with us so no pics of the game but we ended up losing 5-3. We still had fun though. Zaric who had missed nap time to decorate the tree ended up falling asleep for almost 2 of the 3 periods. It was too cute not to take a pic. Zaden was really into it this time and paid close attention and cheered and clapped a lot. That totally made my night.




It was a great day spent with my favorite people. Now it's time to gear up for more celebrations with the rest of the family in Price for Thanksgiving and Black Friday Shopping.


No comments: