Wednesday, January 16, 2013

To Omaha and Back

We are busy here recovering from our quick Omaha trip for the services of Mike's Grandma.  I am happy to report that everything went super smoothly and we are glad we went. I am glad (after much discussion) that I decided to go along. We were only going to send Mike at first and then something told me I should go and I'm glad I went with my gut.
Not only did we get to be there amongst the love of family, but we got to help out a lot too which we know Gram would have loved. Mike helped edit the picture and decorate the programs. Then the grand kids and I put together a couple of photo montage boards of Grams life and all the things and people she loved. Mike also ended up giving a talk at the services and telling about the things the grand kids all loved about her.
We also got to spend time visiting and laughing with the other family members. Mike's Grandpa, his mom, his aunts, his siblings and his cousin among others and got to meet some people whom gram and others spoke about but we had never met in person.
We missed our kiddo's and wished they could have come with us but we knew they were having fun in Price with Papa and Grandma so that made it easier to be away.
For the first time, (I think ever for me) I'm looking forward to trying to go back there in the spring with the kids in tow for another visit at a happier time.

No comments: