Sunday, February 09, 2014

A February Fun Weekend

We've had a super relaxing, but fun weekend here at the house. It started on Friday when a cousin invited us to go to Airborne with her and her son.  It's an indoor trampoline playground. We had never been there before. The boys loved it! They ran around for the entire hour and jump, jumped jumped! We hardly heard anything from them. Little Miss Faith refused to jump, but was pretty content hanging out and just listening to us adults chat. Thanks Mindy for the invite!

After the trampolines, we were off for the planned event of the evening. The boys went to see The Lego Movie and us girls went and did some shopping. The boys loved the movie and Faithy loved shopping with Mom. She was too funny and super good the entire time. Then we snuck back over to a restaurant by the theater and met back up with the boys for dinner out, which was super yummy. 

Saturday morning started out with some grocery shopping and then to waste some time with the gloomy weather outside, we broke out the painting supplies. The kids all had a ball painting their own mini canvas. Here's some pics of the fun.






I had been mulling over painting something for Mike for Valentine's Day for a while, so it was perfect timing. I thought he might like me really trying to do something near and dear to his heart. He made snide comments the whole time I painted. Then at the end I added the initials to one of my trees and explained to him the reason I was painting that picture. He was not impressed and expressed that he didn't want to hang my masterpiece anywhere, especially in his office like I suggested. I was a little heart-broken, but on the other hand, it really is the best thing this amateur has ever painted......ever! So I'm still pretty proud of myself.  One of the down-falls of marrying an artist, I guess-----always a critic lurking over your shoulder. But here's what I managed to pull off.
After the kids' bedtime, my friends Amy and Beth invited me out to do a little dancing. We headed to Club90 and danced for a couple hours. I wasn't sure I wanted to go out, but I'm glad they and Mike pushed for me to go.  I had a really good time, despite the "older" crowd and the not so good live bad that was playing.

Sunday we stayed home and relaxed, watched the Olympics and did a few small chores. We also spent some time getting Valentine's ready for school this week and making cookies.

Life is good.


No comments: