Friday, October 17, 2014

Vegas Retreat

Last week I was invited to Mike's Corporate Board Retreat in Las Vegas for 3 days. The first couple of days, he was in meetings a lot of the time and I got some time on my own when the spouse activities hit a glitch. It turned out great though, I got to go for some walks at the beautiful hotel on Lake Las Vegas, got to read a book cover to cover without interruptions,  and got to sit by the lake and relax while soaking up some Vegas sun.  Here's a couple pics I took while walking around the hotel grounds.



 On Friday he got a break in the afternoon and wanted to get me away from the hotel, so we chose to go do a little shopping at one of the outlet Malls. It was a fun little outing. Then we got to get dressed up and go on a group activity to see the show "Marriage Can be Murder" in downtown Vegas. It was a good/fun show and we all had a lot of laughs. Afterwards, there was some time left before the shuttles picked us back up. We got to go hang out on Fremont Street and have some drinks and do a little dancing. Ok I danced, Mike stood. But I did get to cut a rug with Mike's boss (the VP) so the dancing worked out to be a blast in the end.  The pics of me and his boss didn't turn out but here's a cute one of Mike and I on Fremont that his co-worker took for us.
On Saturday Mike was done early in the morning and we didn't fly out until late in the evening, so it worked out perfectly that we got to have some time (just the 2 of us) to play some more. We hit up some spots on the strip. First we hit up High Roller to take in the view from the top. It was fun to do once. I'm sure it's better at night, but since we didn't have that option, we enjoyed the daytime view.




Next, I took Mike to try out Hash House A Go Go for a late lunch. I had been there once before, but he hadn't. We got there at a good time and had a minimal wait, so it was great timing. He and I both enjoyed our ginormous lunches.

Then it was time for a quick walk over to the Venetian to find Carlo's (Cake's Boss's) newest bakery he opened there. We found it and stood in line for a bit then snagged some goodies for later at home (since we were both too stuffed still from lunch to enjoy it right then). 

I had mentioned to Mike in all of my times to Vegas, I've still never been to the iconic Vegas sign and taken the required pics in front of it. So of course he took me to do just that.
Then it was time to finally get in and lose some money on some slots. That took all of 15 minutes! We also did a little shopping in the top of Mandalay Bay and enjoyed some time relaxing with some Pepsi's before heading back to the airport.

It turned out to be a nice relaxing and fun weekend overall. I'm glad I decided to go along.

No comments: