Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Love Dem Cowboys!

In the fall Mike and I were jokingly talking about going to a Cowboys game while at a football practice for C. I seriously thought it would never happen but just for fun when I got home, I started looking up tickets and flights and stuff and talking it over and laughing with Mike. I was super surprised the next day when he looked at me and said "Buy the tickets." WHAT? I seriously think the whole neighborhood heard my squeal of excitement!  What an awesome surprise. We bought the tickets and spent a lot of time working out the logistics and working our butts off to make it happen as part of my Birthday/Christmas presents.
We got prepped with Mike adjusting his smart watch face and me getting my hair done just right.



The weekend of the game finally came and after getting the kids off to Papa and Grandma (thanks guys, you are once again awesome!), Mike and I were off on Saturday morning for the airport.
Mike spoiled me at the airport and let me get a pedicure at the spa while we waited for our flight. I chose Cowboys blue as the color, of course.
Once we arrived in Dallas, we found the nearest Hard Rock Cafe for some late lunch/early dinner. Then it was off to the B&B near the stadium where we relaxed the rest of the evening away.
Game day arrived and we were up early. After talking with the owner of the B&B, we were off to find some souvenirs for the kids (at non stadium prices) and then back to get prepped for the game. Mike even hastily agreed to wear a Cowboys shirt for me.


 We arrived at the stadium early and enjoyed part of an outdoor DJ and the crowd gathering.And I took advantage of the free airbrush tattoo booth.

 Once they opened the doors we went to find our seats and were pleasantly surprised that they were so close to the field. Total ticket score!

Then we grabbed this giant burger to share.
We didn't take many pics during the game, but let me tell you it was awesome! The Cowboys killed the Colts 42-7. I was up and down in my seat the whole time cheering and high-fiving my neighbors. And bonus, with the win, the Cowboys clenched their division championship! Whoot Whoot! What an awesome game to be part of. Then it was off for some late dinner and another sleep at the B&B.
Our last morning, we went on the VIP stadium tour. It was crazy busy since it was also team rally day. But the tour was great and I was chomping at the bit to get down to the field level and locker rooms. They were already switching out the filed to get ready for the Cottonbowl, but I managed to get a few good pics and even kiss the 50 yard line. The locker rooms and field were definitely the highlights of the day. Here's the tour pics.



















Then it was off to the airport to make our way home.  What a great weekend get-away before the Christmas craziness! I seriously have the best husband ever! Thank you so much Mike! I'm seriously so lucky to have you.






No comments: