Sunday, January 03, 2016

Shen Yun 2016

 As part of Christmas, we bought each of the kids tickets to an event that they wanted to attend in the next few months to have a little date with either Mom or Dad. Caleb's event just happened to be  the week after Christmas. So he and I set off, first to his favorite restaurant (Pizza Pie Cafe) for some lunch.
Then we were off to the theatre to see Shen Yun for the first time.

This is a cultural performance filled with Chinese dancing, music and some singing. I was unsure if he would like it as much as he thought he would, but I'm happy to report that he absolutely loved it and couldn't quit talking about it afterwards with me and later with Dad. He's already requesting that we go again next year if it returns.  Since photography is not allowed, I had to borrow a couple pics to show. It was completely beautiful and impressive to watch.



I'm so excited that we were able to do this as part of their Christmas gifts. Instead of just toys, this year we are going to create memories.

No comments: