Friday, January 07, 2011

Country Roots

As I mentioned yesterday my sister and I have been planning some little mini vaca's to get away and to see some concerts of some of our favorite country music singers. The first two have been booked and are official so here's the scoop: In February, we take a road trip to Vegas to see George Strait and Reba.


And in April we fly to Dallas to see her favorite Kenny Chesney.
Wow! Dallas, what could possibly be there other than Kenny? Well it just so happens that he is playing in the new Cowboys Stadium!!!!!!!!!! A dream of mine to go there, even if my beloved Cowboys aren't playing, I think I will still feel their energy surrounding me. I might even pee my pants upon entry. I think I'll pack some Depends, just in case ;).
I seriously love the Cowboys! Win or lose they are my team for life. I am also a lover of many genre's of music, however country music was what I grew up on and something that will never get out of my system. So here's to embracing our loves and sticking with that resolution to "Be myself", my country roots showing and all. And a pre-thanks to my wonderful hubby for letting this all happen and taking on the boys while I am away. You are the best! Let the countdowns begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becca I am sooooo jealous...I am a HUGE country music fan. Have so much fun and be sure to blow a kiss to George and Kenny from me. ;-)