Saturday, April 09, 2011

17 Weeks and the Weekend

This has been a pretty good weekend so far. Mike decided to work from home on Friday and got started early in the day so that he could have a break in the middle of the day to go to the Dr and run some errands with me. It was time (already) for my regular 17 week checkup. It was pretty mellow. We listened to the heartbeat and he did a quick ultrasound like normal and he decided to check for himself if this was a a girl. He fully agreed with Fetal Foto that it is a little girl. We are seriously so excited. And in other great news, we think we have found a work around to the Progesterone thing. ( I'll explain in another post). While we were running the first errand after the appt, our friend Laurel let us know about a huge kid stuff consignment sale that she was currently volunteering at and we just happened to be on that side of town so we decided to run on up and check it out. I went a little crazy with the girl clothes and shoes but they were all so cute and in such good shape (some still with store tags on them) all for each $1-3 each! I couldn't pass it up. Here's my mostly pink haul. After we gathered up the kids from school and the babysitter, we came home for a while to allow Mike to get some more work done and then it was time again for our 2nd complimentary visit to Fetal Foto. We went and this time the tech found it in less than 3 minutes and said she was 100% sure that it is a girl as well. So finally after 3 different techs there and the Dr. I think Mike is convinced. :)
We had a good dinner together at IHOP in that shopping center and then since Cold Stone was right next door, I decided that we should officially celebrate and do it right so we walked over and bought us an Oreo ice cream cake. When we got home and it was time for dessert, I layered on the pink sprinkles. The Girl Celebration was on!
Today started out with some more errands and a bunch of house cleaning. I told myself to be good but every store I went in had such cute girl stuff that I couldn't resist buying a few little things. After the housework was done, we ran another errand on the other side of town and then took the boys for a little surprise and took them to Chuck E Cheese for a little late lunch. They had a ball. It was the first time the twins really started understanding what was going on and wanting to play the games. It was so funny to watch them try to play and throw their hands in the air and say "Horray " and "I win." Then we ran across the street to the mall to walk around. And you guessed it, I found more girl stuff both at Gymboree and Childrens Place. But it was all on sale or clearance, so I get some points right? Oh yes, this little Girl is going to be hard on the budget. She already is and she's not even here yet. Heaven help us. :)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl stuff is soooo much fun...it will kill ya...or at least your budget. We need to get together so I can teach you how to shop Gymboree and get their clothes for Walmart prices. So was the consignment sale at the Methodist church on 106th?

Becca said...

Missy, I am going to need those lessons right away!! Yes that's where the consignment sale was. It was much bigger than I expected and I didn't even go in some of the spaces. But I got plenty, that's for sure. I wondered after we got there if that was your church that you had mentioned in your post about Hailee's school. Small world, isn't it?