Saturday, April 23, 2011

DALLAS!!!

The long awaited Dallas trip finally came and went. My sister and I took off early on Friday morning and flew out there. We found our way around fairly easy thanks to my sisters GPS on her phone (Lola) and got all checked into the hotel. We wanted a pretty easy going day from there and went to the Cheesecake Factory for some late lunch/early dinner and then wandered around the mall where this little gem jumped into my shopping bags for little girl. RAH!


After some sleep, we headed off the next morning to goof around and bam! Who would have known it was try-outs? Pretty fortunate timing if you ask me. I made the squad! lol :)

We went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and had an absolute ball there. We went to that museum, the adjoining wax museum and through a mirror maze all at the same place. I was having camera issues all day (don't ask) so my sister took all those pics. If she posts them soon, I will steal them and share. All the rest of the pics were taken from my phone. Then it was time to go locate the stadium. We found it with no problems and let me just say, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Brought a little tear to my eye.



Since we found it so quickly we went to grab a bite to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings nearby then headed over early to brave the parking crowd and hung out with the other die hards in the parking lot until the doors opened. Once inside, we had a good time in the pro-shop buying souvenirs. Ok mostly I had a good time, but she bought Kenny stuff at least. We got very lucky and got front row parking and once inside our seats were right where the escalator dropped us off. Very little walking for us. We found our seats and marveled at the inside of the stadium (ok again more me, than her). Look at how huge this thing is. This is the mostly empty pic.



We were excited and ready for Kenny in our new fancy hats we also picked up at the mall the day before.



I looked behind us and notice our seats were right in the section of a few of my all time favorite players. I couldn't help but take a couple pics.






We got a little surprise and found out the night before that not only would we be seeing Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band, but we would also be seeing Uncle Kracker and Billy Currington. Whoo Hoo! My phone sucked at trying to get pictures on the stage but here's Billy on one of the screens.

And Zac Brown Band.



And by the time Kenny was up the stadium was full- This is my full pic. Isn't it the most awesome thing ever? Just me and about 60,000 of my friends.


Kenny came out, my phone was almost dead and I was loving it too much to take pics anyway. It was an awesome concert. I am so glad I was able to go with my sister and have some fun. All in all, it lasted almost 7 hours! We definitely got our monies worth. Then it was back to the hotel and I flew out early the next day to meet my hubby and kids who had already made it to Omaha without me for the 2nd leg of our vacation. Stay tuned for those pics.



No comments: