Monday, July 09, 2012

Melon Carving

Friday we had the day off together. The boys were playing at Papa's so it was just us and little girl. We ran errands all day long and then it was time to play with our friends the Jones's. We got to enjoy catching up with them over some pizza and then we had a little amature watermelon carving contest. None of us had done it before so we decided to give it a go. I wasn't going to do one but then Walmart had some melons on sale for super cheap so I decided to go for it. Here are some pics of the fun.














Mike ended up doing a pacman eating dots and chasing a ghost.






I went for some roses I had watched a tutorial on. My first couple turned out great and then they started heading downhill, so I gave up. But still I would say not too bad for a first try.



It was a great evening and the time spent with them was much needed. It's been too long.


No comments: