Monday, September 24, 2012

Staple Head

 
Last Thursday night we sent Caleb upstairs to get his shower in. He loves our new shower so always begs to shower in Mom and Dad's, so since the twins were currently taking up the kid's bath tub I decided to go ahead and let him. Well after about 5 minutes of him showering, I decided to walk in the bedroom and make sure he had taken a towel and the soap and whatnot he needed to get the job done. As I got closer to the bedroom I heard him wailing about something. It had been a long day and quite frankly I had really had it with whining children so I agitatedly said something like, "seriously Caleb what now?".  And he just kept wailing. I decided to go on in and when I turned the corner to the master bath I was met with a boy stepping out of the shower covered in blood. It was running all down his face onto the floor and the shower looked like a battle zone. I asked a bunch of questions and finally got out of him that he had hit his head on the tile corner shelf. I got him back in the shower to rinse off and yelled to Mike that I needed his assistance. He took over with Caleb and I went to get the twins out of their bath. Once I got them out Mike told me what I was already thinking. He needed to go in. Meanwhile Grandma Braska had been Skyping with him and was listening to all this occur from Omaha. Mike had to come down and tell her goodbye and that we needed to go tot the Insta care.
 
After we looked up the closest one (hey, we're still new here), Mike and Caleb set off while I stayed back with the twins and baby girl to get them in bed. They got in quickly and Mike sent me a text right away that they couldn't do stitches, they were doing staples. About an hour and a half later they came home with 4 shiny new staples in his noggin.
 
 
We later got the story from him and asked how in the world he hit his head on the shelf. Only to be met with "I was jumping up and down." We then asked, "Why would you be jumping up and down in the shower?" And because he's 8 and we should have expected it he replied, "because I thought it would be fun."  Oooi
 
 
 
 It sure hasn't slowed this kid down any though. He's just as wild and rough as he was before and when I picked him up from school on Friday he informed me that he didn't tell anyone that he had staples in his head and even played soccer at recess.  Again, I say Oiii.

We will get them taken out sometime this week. Here's a couple other pics I snapped of him over the weekend one of him messing around with a pipe cleaner mustache and another of him being a great big brother and reading to his siblings. We sure do love this kid, staple-headed and all.


No comments: