Friday, April 03, 2015

Pre-Birthday Fun with Home

We've had a busy day doing little pre-birthday celebrating. We started the day off by letting the boys finally open the gifts they had picked out for themselves when we went on our shopping trip a couple weeks ago. They each picked out a Hover Ball and a shark and then Zaden opted for a Power Ranger and Zaric opted for a Lil Fishy.

Mike and I had been debating a little this week on taking them out for a surprise outing the night before their birthday but nothing seemed to mesh well with our schedules and getting prepped for tomorrow's party and trip to Price. One of those options we had discussed was going to a movie but all the the times at night didn't really work very well.  However, while driving Mike to work this morning ,out of the blue they asked if we could see a movie today in a theater and that the movie they wanted to see was the new Dreamworks Home. I took that as a sign that we were on the right track with that idea to begin with since we hadn't mentioned any of our ideas to them at all. So, since none of the times worked well with Mike's schedule and our evening chores, I decided I would make it a day outing by myself instead to the matinee.  It worked out really well and as an added bonus I treated them to their favorite place, McD's, for a little pre-movie lunch that came with Home toys. Genius!


We had a good time at the movie and really enjoyed it. They are already asking to buy it. I was a little apprehensive about taking the 4 of them on my own since it's normally pretty chaotic even when we go even with Dad along with us. But they did great and behaved so well. I was so glad they suggested it and that I was able to fold it perfectly into our day off today.

Then we were off to pick Mike back up from work and to pick up his truck which was in the shop for some maintenance and back home to start the chore list and get ready for the big day! Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: