Tuesday, August 04, 2015

A Flemming's Night Out

Mike wasn't the only one getting surprises last week. He also surprised me with some dinner reservations when he told me to "put on a slinky dress after work and be ready by 5:30."  I was so excited as he's never done anything like that before and I followed directions really well and was dressed in his favorite new dress of mine and ready to go when he walked through the door that evening. I knew we were off to dinner but he had managed to keep the location a secret. I did make one rule on the way though and that rule was absolutely no phones during dinner, not even for pics which he agreed to. When we arrived downtown, he then led me on a walk to Flemming's Steakhouse.

We had the greatest time eating the most delicious steak I have ever had in my life and talking with each other about anything and everything  for over 2 hours uninterrupted by technology or kids or life. Just us.  We followed up our delicious meals by sharing the most amazing chocolate lava cake together. I'm pretty sure if there is food in Heaven, this place is the head chef.
Since we couldn't get out our phones for pics, you'll have to settle for these I stole from the interwebs.
Mike had the lemon chicken and I had the dry-aged ribeye.
 

Mouth watering yet? It should be. What a beautiful, tasty night! Thank you Michael!

No comments: