Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Baking

I had the cutest little elf helping me do all the Christmas baking this year. We even found these amazing aprons to really show off our skills. 


Along with all of the usuals requested from Mike and the kids, we also tried out a couple new fun things to get ready for the big day. We started by trying to replicate some fun melting snowman cookies I had found on Pinterest. They weren't perfect, but we are pretty pleased with how they turned out. Can you tell which one Mike helped with? 


And we tried out making some Grinch popcorn. It turned out perfect and was dangerously delicious. 

 And when it came time to frost the sugar cookies Mike and I had a friendly little competition going on. We placed some that we each frosted on a rack and labeled them then threw it out to our Facebook friends for a little unbiased judging.

When all the votes were tallied #2, #3 and #6 were the big winners. All of which belonged to.....ME! For the first time ever, I out-frosted the master. I fully plan to use my victory bragging rights for the full next year whenever the opportunity presents itself.  Because I am very mature like that.

No comments: