Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Date Night

Our babysitter offered to watch the boys for us tonight so that we could go out for a while. She had to twist our arms a little, but we went. We met up at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner then walked around the mall a little. We then went to the Shane Co. Jewelry store to look at some new wedding rings. I have developed an allergic reaction to the one I have had for the last 7 years. I have tried several treatments and not wearing it until the rash clears up but as soon as I put it back on then bam! it's back. So we decided that instead of waiting for the 10 year anniversary like we were originally planning that we should just do it now and focus only on Vegas and getting married by Elvis for #10. Only 22 months to go for that!

So to make a long story short, we had done some looking on their website and found one that I really liked. We went to see it in person and still liked it but it didn't have the same appeal that we thought it did on the website. However, we did find a setting that we could both agree on. It's white gold this time and they coat it with some hypoallergenic stuff...so here's hoping we won't run into this problem again. It has a flower design on both of the sides and I think it just says "Becca". We picked out a full carrot center stone that is princess cut to go along with it. So it's on it's way to be re-pronged for that shape and have the center stone set. I will post pictures when I get it. It should be ready by the end of next week.

Haven't decided what we are doing with the old ring yet. I really do love it and it makes me sad that I can't wear it. But I am also saddened at the thought of it just sitting around in a jewelry box for years too. So if you know of anyone looking for a wedding ring, let me know and we can make a deal. I would love for it to be used and adored by someone who loves it as much as I do.

No comments: