Sunday, September 20, 2009

Scarce

I have come to my blog several times in the last week and keep finding that it seems like I don't have a lot to talk about. It's not that we haven't been busy, we have. I must admit that I have been pretty bad about taking pictures though. I think part of the problem or scarcity of my posts is because with Caleb in school our lives have been pretty routine. Our weekdays go like this: Get Caleb up and ready for school, take him to school, put babies down for a nap, mom finishes getting herself ready for the day, talks to a few people on AIM, babies wake up and it's snack time, then off to pick up Caleb. After that we make lunch ,play for a bit then it's time to go to the babysitters house so Mom can go to work. Once Mom gets home from work, she rustles up some dinner and then it's time to put the boys to bed and spend some time with Dad before we wake up and do it again the next day. Pretty Boring right? Our excitement level has dropped a notch the last few weeks for sure. The babies don't mind though and have really been excited about the fact that the more we are home the more they can find to get into. They can now open cupboards and drawers and have been getting into things everywhere. This is the wax paper Zaric got out of a kitchen drawer last week while Mom was fixing her hair. They were having a good time so I just tore off the piece that was on the floor anyway and let them have at it.




We have also had plenty of dog water spills. juice spills and an entire bag of Epsom salt dumped on the floor ready for immediate clean up from these two. I'd say we are for sure into the toddler stage of curiosity. It's fun but also so much work with two of them running in opposite directions and getting into things I feel like all I do while home during the week days is put out baby fires.
Our weekends have been a little more fun. Last weekend, I got to go to the scrapbook expo on Friday night with the girls. We had fun and got some great deals. On Saturday we got up early and went to the SLMOT super-sale. We scored a new glider to rock the boys for $15. It's much nicer than ours which has gotten pretty worn out between Caleb and the twins. We scored a few other treasures, then it was off to Caleb's soccer game (and we all know how that went). After his game, I had an appointment to go to so I went and then ran some errands afterwards. After that I got to go hang out with my good friend Wes. We went to dinner and then to a Real Salt Lake game. It was a good time. Mike was so awesome to watch the boys both nights for me, what a guy! Sunday was spent attempting to do some stuff around the house and watching football.
This weekend I was more than happy to just stay home on Friday and finally get a bunch of housework done. It felt so good that I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with me. We also snuck in a movie on Friday night here at the house (thanks to Netflix) and it was nice just to be home. Yesterday Mike finally got to have some time away from us after being the best husband ever and watching the boys so I could go play so much lately. We met our friends Scott and Holly for lunch and then Mike and Scott went golfing. Holly, me and the kids came back to the house and broke out the Cricut. I got my Halloween cards well under way and she got a couple projects of her own done. After they got back and left we just hung out here at the house some more with the boys and I snuck in another movie (again thanks to Netflix). Today has been a totally home day doing laundry and watching football. And that's right where I want to be. I am loving that fall and football is here. Go Cowboys!
Well that's the last couple of weeks in a nutshell. I am hoping to be better this week with updates and sharing, but no promises!

No comments: