Sunday, December 06, 2009

I'm Feelin It

I hate to admit it, but this year I have been having a really hard time getting into the mood for Christmas. I kept telling people that I just wasn't feeling it. Seemed like it should still only be Halloween. Where did this year go? Even putting up the decorations and Black Friday shopping didn't help. I was beginning to get a little worried. Well that is until this weekend hit.
Friday night we got to hang out with our good Friends Garrett, Laurel and Madeleine. It's been a very long time since we've been able to do that. We had some dinner here and then headed out to the zoo for Zoo Lights. It was so very cold, but we bundled up the kids and had a good time. Even bundled up and layered, we were all Popsicles by the time we were done so we headed back to the house for some hot cocoa and a little chit chat. It was a fun night, thanks guys!
Saturday we debated back and forth about going to the Festival of Trees. This is something we have enjoyed in the past but just didn't know if we were up for it this year. We finally settled on going and boy am I glad we did. As soon as we walked through the doors, I was so happy we had decided to go. We walked around for about 2 hours (I think that's a record) then as we headed out the doors it began to snow.
We battled the short snow storms for the rest of the afternoon as we spent about 5 more hours running errands and doing some more Christmas shopping. We took care of a few more gifts and headed home. After dinner I gathered up the gifts for people that we had lingering around the house and had a gift wrapping party (by myself). It felt good to get that done as well.
Today was spent at home all day armed with the Cricut and crafting and making a few gifts. I would love to share but can't until after Christmas....sorry.
So I am happy to say after a jammed packed weekend of Christmas fun, about an inch of snow and wrapping paper messes, I am Finally Feelin it! Hooray! Can't wait to finish up the last of the gifts and get them sent and delivered this year. Christmas comes in just 19 days! Enjoy the pics from Zoo Lights and the Festival of Trees.

No comments: