Friday, December 18, 2009

Mommy Afternoon

Yesterday I took the afternoon off to spend it with Caleb since he had a couple things going on. We started off by picking him up at school and coming home for a little lunch. After that we took the babies to the sitter so that me and Caleb could play. The first thing we did was go to his school program. His class sang two songs "All I want for Christmas" and "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" (videos to come soon). He did a good job. That went quickly and he was able to leave right after so then we had more time than I anticipated to waste before his Dr. Appt.
Well I have been carrying around a Build a Bear gift card for a couple months now so I decided to take him there and let him use it to his liking. He wasn't sure he wanted to go there when I told him that's where we were going but once we got there he was totally into it again. He picked out a Moose. Normally referred to by the Build a Bear people as Hal Moose. And he picked out an outfit. He picked this coat and pants combo because the coat matches his own coat. So they can be camouflaged together. He loves that the moose's antlers light up (and so does Mom). He got to do most of the computer work himself and decided on his own name for Mr. Moose. His name is Nick. Since he is a Christmas Moose he wanted to name him after Santa so from St. Nicholas we came up with Nick. Works for me. So, meet Nick the Moose.



After that we we hungry so we went and shared some pretzel bites and had some drinks in the mall then it was time to go to his Dr. Appt. Dad met us there for a while but then had to leave to pick up the twins before the Dr. even came in (given he was an hour late getting to us.....uuuggg).
So here's the Dr. news. We were see Dr. Joe because at 6 years old Caleb still doesn't sleep through the night most nights. He is up and down sometimes several times and keep having to come into Mom and Dad's bed to get some rest. We talked a little bit to Joe during Caleb's last appt. and he wanted to get his iron checked. We did that and his iron was fine so that didn't help find any answers. So yesterday right away Dr Joe noticed Caleb's breathing and thinks that he's not breathing correctly when he sleeps either so that may be the cause. So when trying to discover why he breathes the way he does he noticed that both Caleb's Tonsils and the Adnoids were very enlarged and may need to come out. He said that they measure tonsils on a scale of 1-4 by their size (4 being the worst) and Caleb's was well over a 3. So we will be visiting an Ear, Nose and Throat person once again to get their opinion and see if he will need to have them removed. Just what we needed. I will keep everyone posted on that front.
Otherwise, we loved our afternoon of one on one time together. We smiled, talked and giggled a lot and a few high 5's later we decided that we love having special time together. We need to do that with him more often.

1 comment:

DaNell Rasmussen said...

They tell me all the time, doctor's, dentist's, whatever, that I have really big tonsils. I can look in the mirror open my mouth and see my tonsils. They don't really bother me much, I can even feel them touch together when I swollow. I don't know if that helps, but tonsils are tonsils, and mine are big too.