Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Snow Day

We woke up this morning to 4.5 inches of snow at our house. As exciting as that sounds I was not thrilled with the idea of driving Caleb to school in it, so Mike decided to be late to work so he could take Caleb to school for me. Awesome! It took him forever to get back though because the roads were a mess and traffic was backed up all over. We kept watching the traffic from our door and it was like this for hours not to mention it was snowing off and all still so he ended up just working from home.
When I went to pick up Caleb from school the 2nd big storm hit and the roads were a disaster so when I got home I watched it for a while and decided forget it. I called it a snow day for me too and let the office know that I wouldn't be in because of the snow. It seemed like there was no end in site. We had a nice family lunch together and me and Zaden cuddled up for a snow day nap. By the time we woke up, the snow had stopped and the roads were clearing up nicely. I debated on going to work or not just late at that point and decided it would be more fun to stay at home and play in the snow a little and spend some much needed quality time with my boys. I am so glad I did. We played in the snow and read a couple books and I got some cute short video's of Zaden being a goof ball (look for tomorrow's post). And then we got to have some dinner together for a change since that normally doesn't happen on weeknights. Man, I miss being home at night!
This morning I was cussing the snow and now that the storm has moved on I am thanking it for a nice day at home with my boys. Oh and Thanks Grandma Braska for Caleb's new snowpants and boots for his bday, they were put to good use today! And now for the pics...



Zaden thought the snow looked fun and I even got him to say the word "snow" until he fell in it and then it was major fit time. He doesn't like the snow anymore :(.
Zaric had fun in it for a few minutes, he really liked pushing around the play lawnmower along the driveway and down the sidewalk. I wonder if it doubles as a snowblower.













As you can see, once I finally got Caleb out into it and we broke out his new sled from the end of the season last year, he was in snow heaven. I pulled him around the yard until I got too worn out and then he pulled some of his toys around on it.
Seriously, I love the snow. That is, as long as I don't have to drive in it. Why can't it only fall on the houses and yards and leave the streets alone? Is that too much to ask?





1 comment:

jfm said...

Cute pics! So glad that white stuff is at your house and not mine!!