Friday, February 05, 2010

Mandy Update


I got to go up to the hospital last night and see Mandy. She is doing better and continuing on the path to recovery. They have removed the treach and the ventilator and she just has oxygen flowing through her nose now. She is responding to questions with a thumbs up or thumbs down which is a good sign neurologically. She was awake for part of my visit and I got to talk to her a little. From what I hear she has been trying to climb herself out of bed several times and is unhappy about them asking her to use the bathroom in a pullup versus going to the potty. Again all very good signs. They are trying to assess her pain level right now before they remove the neck brace.

She still has a ways to go but I am very happy about the progress. Way to be a fighter Mandy!

No comments: