Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Simple Pleasures

Once in a while my cousin ,Mindy, shares her simple pleasures on her blog and I think it's a great idea. In the grand scheme of our hectic zoo here, it's nice to recall the things that made us smile vs the things that made us want to run and hide and possibly pull out our hair. So here's my list from this past weekend:

*Glitter toes and some new hair bling with the girls on Saturday

*Taking Mike to my new favorite burger joint and having him love it as well

*Zaden getting super excited while shopping when he figured out that his finger does indeed fit inside one of his nostrils and going through the whole store with him sticking it in and taking it out of his nose and smiling like he was the proudest boy in the world. Then showing his new skill to Grandma Braska while Skyping later that day

*Buying some new totes to organize the play area, devoting one of them to just balls and having Zaric climb into it and throw each and every ball back out on the floor. He did this multiple times after I cleaned them back up

*Watching reading really start to pick up with Caleb and watching him try to read things while we are out and about

*Going furniture shopping with the kids and while walking around with the salesman have Caleb telling him very loudly on some bunk beds "That's a high high price!"

*Planning a little more of the twins 2nd birthday party for April. Cowboy theme this year

*Having Caleb think he's a grown up and telling me, "well there's nothing I can do about that" when I was complaining about something.

I am sure there are others, but I'll save those for another post. What were your simple pleasures from the weekend?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the last one about Caleb saying there is nothing he can do about it. It is so fun to see your list! I am loving savoring all the little moments. Like you said, there are so many that make us want to pull our hair out, so focusing on the good ones helps us get through!

Michael Ouren said...

Bwahahaha, still love that story about Zaden. You made it seem even funnier on the blog! Very nice!