Monday, March 01, 2010

New Rule

Papa and Grandma took the kids for the weekend. It is always so nice when they do that. Mike and I could really use the time alone, and we can usually get a few more things done without some helpers. And while we do miss them a lot we know that they are in good hands and having tons of fun with Papa, Grandma and all the kids that come over to visit and play while they are down there. I'd like to say that we partied it up all weekend with no kids. We did manage to get out together some but it was also very productive, here's a recap:

Friday: I had already pre-planned scrapbook night with Allison. Mike took the kids to Provo to meet Papa and Grandma and drop them off. I didn't get as many pages done as I would have liked to but I did get some cards made which was a huge plus since I was running out of them. That was productivity point #1. It was also nice just to have some girl time with Allison too, we haven't done that (just the 2 of us) in a while.

Saturday: Mike and I got up and I mentioned that we hadn't been to breakfast in a while, so we decided to splurge and go for it. We headed to Village Inn because I love their Ham Steak and eggs and had a wonderful breakfast together. Then we headed to Kohls to start looking for a suit for Michael for our Vegas vow renewal in May. We went in and right away found the perfect suit coat. It's a black velvet-ish material and plus it was on the clearance rack for 80% off (not to mention I had a coupon for another 20% off that). It was the only one like it and he took it off the hanger and it was a perfect fit! I couldn't believe it, it was like we were meant to go to Kohls that morning. We also completed the look with a blue shirt and a tie and some nice new dress pants. They were all on sale and we totally got a steal on prices. So that was productivity point #2 and one more thing to mark off the list. Next it was off to Old Navy, I've been dying to go try on some of their new Spring/Summer line and pick out a few items for myself. It was so nice to be able to do that without the boys along. Mike was patient with me as I tried on stuff for at least 30 minutes and kept coming out of the stall to show him. I ended up over-spending there....eeek. But I am so happy with what I got and that started the vacation clothes productivity point #3.
We went to a couple more stores and then stopped by a friends bday party for one of their girls. It was at the aquarium. I had wondered about parties there before but wasn't sure about them. It was really nice, I think I am going to try to talk Caleb into that for his next bday. We'll see. Then it was off for more shopping, we made it to Walmart for some groceries then to Target for some more totes to help clean up the playroom and got a little bit started on Easter Bunny goods-productivity point #4. We also stopped by Kid to Kid on our way home and didn't find what I was looking for but scored a pair of brand new cowboy boots for Caleb for his brothers bday party for $9. Score! After that it was home for a bit and resting. Then we managed to go out to a nice dinner together. After dinner settled. We went for the big job and stayed up cleaning out and organizing both Caleb's and the babies closets. They have been needing for a while so it was really nice to get that done. I'd call that productivity point #5. Then we snuggled in on the couch to watch a movie together.

Sunday: We started off the day with getting some housework done and some things around the house until about noon then we took my poor car to the car wash for a nice vacuuming and a much needed and well deserved wash. She looks so good all cleaned up. Then it was off to Provo to meet Papa and Grandma and get the kids back and have some dinner with them. We also made a couple of returns along the way. Then it was back home for the nightly routine and a little more housework.

It was such a productive weekend, we couldn't believe how much we got done and how much energy we had still. Can't believe those boys use up so much of our energy on a regular basis. So I selfishly made a new rule on Saturday that every other month Papa and Grandma come take the kids for a weekend. I informed them of this rule on Saturday when I called to check in and of course Papa wasn't opposed to that. I hope the new rule works out. That gives me and Mike at least 6 dates a year and will improve some productivity around here. Cross your fingers for us. :)

No comments: