Saturday, March 27, 2010

Plane Crazy

The twins will be 2 in just 1 more week! I am happy to say that this morning we finally finished up their Bday present. From us they are getting their new room with the bunk beds from the previous post. We decided to move away from the monkey-themed nursery and go with airplanes for the theme. So I'm ready to share it all with you guys now. First I started off with using the Cricut for some decals for the door.


Once the Bunkbeds were up we put on the "plane crazy" bedding from Disney.
Next I had some fun on Etsy for the next 3 items. Since I don't have a cartridge like this, I cheated and ordered this decal. It's a "twin-seater" ha! I couldn't resist and it looks so great above their beds.


And I ordered this Lampshade.


And who could resist ordering a switch plate cover from there when it was only $3.



But my favorite of all is something that I think will be treasured for a long time even when they grow out of this room. I asked Mike to get out his paintbrushes that have been on hiatus for a while an put his artistic ability to good use and he painted them a picture to hang above a dresser. I sooooo LOVE it! He is seriously so talented (one of the many reasons I married him ;) ). I helped with the lettering a little and of course he came back and fixed it for me since I don't have a painting bone in my body.




Here's a shot of it closer up.



I am so happy to say that their room is completely done and now I can spend this week focusing on the last couple of party details and cleaning the house for all the guests!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! How cute :) I didn't know that your husband could paint. He is very talented!

jfm said...

Cute room! Mike is a very talented artist.

Mindy said...

It looks great! I wish you lived closer--I'd hire Mike to paint something for us!