Monday, September 19, 2011

Adjusting- 1 Week Old

Baby Girl is already 1 week old today. This last week has been a blurr it went by so fast. We are loving having the experience of bringing home a baby with us from the hospital. Such a difference it makes in every one's lives. And I have to say, she is seriously the best baby ever. She hardly makes a peep and when she does, it's very short lived. She'll nurse, she'll take a bottle. She'll take formula, she'll take Mommy milk. She just goes along with everything. She sleeps right through her brothers wrestling and yelling and fighting and playing loudly. A couple of times a day she'll be awake for a couple of hours at a time for us just to talk to her and adore her. And best of all, she puts up with Mommy's need to play dress up. Of course she helps by having a diaper blowout here and there and a few spit up episodes that require wardrobe changes a couple times a day. But neither of us seem to mind. Here's a little of what we've been up to.


In case you've ever wondered, Yes they do make Baby Nike's. I found these at Ross for $3. No, seriously $3. There's no way they were staying there without me.

The big Utah state college rivalry game was this weekend. Of course we (ok I) adorned her in the appropriate attire. Go Utes! Final score Utes 54, BYU 10. I'm pretty sure it was her giving them good luck. Mike tried to remind me that day that Nebraska also had a game and she has some Husker stuff. Me and baby girl ignored that.



I couldn't resist taking a sleeping pic of this little lady bug in her crib.



I asked Zaden who the cutie pie was the other day. He promptly replied, "Baby Sister." I can't argue with that.



Caleb adores her.



It took Zaric almost all week, but he finally wanted to hold her yesterday morning. He liked talking to her and checking on her before that, but it took a while to actually want to touch her.




Zaden insisted at the hospital when he came to visit that she was, "Scawry." That faded pretty quickly once we got home. He warmed up in just a couple days and it constantly checking on her and making sure he knows where Baby Sister is at all times.



Daddy and I just can't get enough of her. We love to hold her and feed her and we have both remarked that it doesn't even feel like we have a newborn here. She's such a part of our family already, it seems like she's always been here.


Healing-wise, I feel really good. Other than a little soreness and most of that being in my back. I have felt great every day for most of the day. I was pretty nervous about going with the VBAC option, but I am so glad I did. That's one decision, I will never regret.


I also wanted to say a thank you to all of you who have endured all of the ups,downs, complaints and worries with us throughout this pregnancy. It's meant a lot to us to have so much support behind us. A special thanks to Mike and my sister, Tracey, who endured the brunt of my nervousness and complaints almost on a daily basis. I couldn't have done it without you. And having you both by my side while we welcomed baby Faith into this world and to listen to her first cry was the perfect ending to a long 9 months. I love you guys.


No comments: