Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day Date

We had a great Christmas and have had fun watching the boys play with all of their new goodies. But I think the best gift of all for me and Mike was when the babysitter offered to take the kids for us one of the days we were off to include Caleb so he could play with her daughter Morgan. Mike had Tuesday off and I have the whole week off so we picked Tuesday and dropped the kids off at their normal time.
We spent the first couple hours here at home cleaning up the remainder of Christmas gifts and putting most of them away and just sitting together talking and enjoying the silence. Then we went out to the mall. We did a little shopping so I could spend my Christmas money. I got me a couple pair of super cute jeans. Then we had lunch at on of my favorite places, the Cheesecake Factory. After we were stuffed, we went to do one of Mike's favorite things, a movie. We went to see the new Sherlock Holmes. Loved it. How can you go wrong with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law in a flick together?
Then it was already time to pick up the kids and come home. We both have remarked on what a great day it was together and how we need to have more days like that. We have resolved (hopefully) to do a kid less day-date at least once every season in the next year. Since this one counts as our winter one, I can't wait for Spring!

No comments: