Friday, December 16, 2011

The Elf and the Reindeer

We have been trying to stay festive here at the house the last little while. Our Elf on the Shelf (Christopher Pop-In-Kins) that joined us last year has returned. He's been hiding all over the house. He's spent time in the tree, in a stocking, behind a picture, on the chandelier, in each of the kids' rooms, Mom and Dad's room, on top the fridge, above the kitchen sink and it appears that he spent last night star gazing with Caleb's telescope. The boys are having a ball with the elf this year, especially the twins that love to help us search for him every morning.


I also decided to try some fun I found on Pinterest since we were having breakfast for dinner last night and made this stylish reindeer. I didn't have the blueberries for the eyes that it had on there so I improvised with bananas and I improvised with oranges on the mouth but hey, it turned out pretty fun. Out of all of them, I think Mike was the most impressed. Zaric just told me it was a reindeer, Zaden kept telling me it was cute, and Caleb just rolled his eyes at me. Even though, it wasn't' my original idea I give myself props for the recreation.

Tonight we get to join Great Grandpa and Great Grandma's Christmas party in Omaha via Skype and then tomorrow is some Zoo Lights fun. Only 9 Days until Christmas!



No comments: