Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crafty Weekend

It's been a busy but productive weekend here. On Friday Mike was in Vegas for work so I got to take my boyz out to dinner at McD's and let them run off energy in the play place then settle in at home for some movie watching time where we watched Mr. Poppers Penguins until Dad got home in time to tuck us in. Then Saturday started the real fun. I had an appointment to get my hair dyed and cut in Lehi so decided to stop at a place called The Wood Connection in Murray that I had been hearing lots about on the way. The place was packed with people so we didn't stay as long as I would have liked too but I did come out with a few projects and after getting my hair done and going out to dinner with some friends I started the first one. This fun St. Patty's sign.

This morning after the craft store opened I went and picked up what I needed to finish the St. Patty's one and start 1 of the 2 Easter projects I picked up. Mike helped with this one while I went to my monthly craft-date with my friend Becca Y. He had it all painted and ready for me to add the sparkle when I got home.


At Becca's house we made a couple tutu's. Here's the one I made for Miss Faith. I still need to do some finishing work on it but I've been wanting one in these colors for her so I am super excited about it.





And we made a few bows. Here's the 4 I got done today.



Amongst all of that we dealt with sick kids (off and on) and laundry and the normal household stuff that drags us down. It's always so much fun to put some of that off once in a while though and just have some creative goodness.


No comments: