Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tulip Festival

So I've been wanting to go to the Tulip Festival for a while now. This year I decided was the year. We went back and forth about whether or not to take the kids and then had it all planned out to go last weekend while the boys were with Papa, then it was raining. Then I had resigned to just find a friend or 2 to go with and when that didn't work out, Mike was nice enough to suggest going back to plan A and taking the family. I was unsure if the boys would like it or not so I was hesitant, but boy was I wrong. They loved it. Especially since it started in the Children's Discovery Garden. They raced boats down the stream, climbed on the spider web, went in the caves and ran around the Arc. They wanted to do more but Mom led them into the big garden to start our long trek. It was beautiful (as always) and really busy but the boys still had some fun running around, checking things out and rolling down the big grassy hill near the restaurant. They were pooped by the end and ready to go home but I think a really great time was had by all of us (even Mike, who was the biggest complainer of them all). I am so glad the other plans fell through and I did this with our little family. I think it may become a new spring tradition. I need to add it to our spring bucket list for next year for sure.









1 comment:

jfm said...

Always love our tulip fest... if nothing else...great photo ops!!