Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother's Day 2012

I don't know how I managed it , but my Mother's Day seems to have lasted 4 days this year. It all started on Thursday when Mike and I took the day off for our quarterly Day Date. On his way home from taking Caleb to school, he surprised me by bringing home roses, it was super sweet. We spent some time at home doing some chores, ran a couple errands and then got to go enjoy a lunch together at Applebees with a gift card I'd been given and afterwards went to the movie to see The Avengers together. Then Friday night I got to go get a little pampering and get my hair dyed and cut which was also much needed. Saturday we got to go on our train station and dino park outing which was absolutely wonderful and then Mike planted my traditional Mother's Day flowers in the flower beds for me in the evening.

Today I woke up to French Toast in bed and Caleb bringing me the goodies he's been working on for me for days. I got 6 lego creations, a card in chinese with a picture of him taking out the trash on it, another drawing he did, a letter from him that says "Thanks for talking with me, for making good chili, and for helping me clean my room", and a bookmark that he made at school thats a picture of himself hanging from the tassle. So cute (pics below). I then spent the next 60 minutes in bed alone just having some time to read-it was wonderful. Mike then took the time after I got up to rotate the tires on my car-another much needed item. We are now just hanging out and realxing. I've been promised a wonderful BBQ of Garlic Burgers, homemade fries and one of my favorite desserts tonight. I can't wait! How did I get so lucky to deserve such a great family?










































No comments: