Sunday, December 09, 2012

Snow Fun!


Today we woke up to snow! As much as I normally don't like the snow, knowing that I had nowhere to go today, I couldn't help but be a little excited for it. It is much needed, plus it just puts you in the Christmas mood. Mike went out to get the paper around 7:30 and yelled for me to come out. I ran out to see what he was fussing about and he wasn't fussing really at all. He just wanted to share it with me. It was so peaceful. It was just getting light and the snow was falling but best of all there was not a single sound. It was silent. No cars, no people, nothing but the light over the horizon and the snow falling. Such a change from the last house. It was really amazing. 
 
Well of course, then I mentioned possibly going sledding and the kids were gung-ho on the the idea. For over 2 hours I heard, "is it time? Can we go yet?" And finally at 10 am, I decided it was time so we outfitted everyone in snow gear and headed very far into the nearby hills (aka across the street). Yep, that's right  there's a gully of sorts right across the street that makes for some excellent slopes to sled on.  So we didn't even have to get in the car, just walked ourselves over and started on the fun.
 
Faith was unsure of this snow business. She sat in the stroller and watched for the most part and got mad when she couldn't see anyone close. Dad took her down the hill once, but she let us know, she is still not a fan. 
 
 


 Caleb was having such a blast. He went down as many times as he could fit in a turn and didn't even care when he wiped-out a couple of times. Mom even had him make a snow angel after one of his crashes.



 Mom got in on the fun and even went down a few times.

 Dad was having a blast going down with the kids and a few times by himself. He even made a snow angel of his own.


The twins were pretty divided. Zaric loved it and went down and down with people and also by himself a few times. He even decided at one point there was no sled required and slid down on his butt the best he could. Zaden was timid and would only go down if he was with people and then didn't want to come back up most of the time. But overall I think he still had a good time. 








 
There were so many pics to choose from that I had the hardest time picking which ones to post. But below are my absolute favorites of the day.





It was an awesome family outing and the best part was that it didn't cost us a dime, it wasted an hour and the warm house was waiting for us a mere 2 minutes (or less) walk home. I think I'm really starting to like it all the way out here. We decided we need to invest in a few more sleds after today. Sled races are on next time!

No comments: