Monday, August 05, 2013

Corporate Board Retreat- Day 2

This morning started off with an early morning breakfast then Mike was whisked off to meetings right away. The spouses had the option of going to The Canyons Ski resort for either a gondola ride and hike or a gondola ride and Zip-lining tour. I opted to try Zip-lining for the first time, ever. Two of the other spouses were very excited to go as well so we geared up and put on our brave faces.
It was a lot of fun and I was so proud of myself. I didn't swear, not even once! We got to go on the trainer track then the medium track twice them up the higher mountain on a tram to do the longer line. It was a good time.
After we were done, we headed back to the hotel to do our own thing for a bit before the big afternoon break happened for the retreat go-ers. They were doing another guided tour in the afternoon of the Olympic Park with some time for activities at the end of it. This one was open to everyone since they had a big schedule break in meetings. Mike and I were going to go but then he had had a headache all morning and really just wanted a break to de-compress a bit. So he and I opted out and just went to have some lunch together and do a small amount of school clothes shopping at the outlet mall.  Then it was back in time for the main group event.
Once we all met back up, they loaded us in buses and took us to Sundance for a BBQ and to see the play "Annie Get Your Gun". It was a really good time and I really enjoyed the play more than I thought I would. It kept me chuckling. Here are a few pics of the fun.



Then it was a late night drive back to the hotel where we just crashed for the night.
Saturday morning was up early again for the breakfast and then Mike was allowed to skip out on that days meeting to head to my family reunion.
All in all, it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be for me and I'm pretty sure I got the better end of the deal


No comments: