Monday, August 19, 2013

The NO Fun Part of Summer

As our busy summer draws to a close. Mike and I both have had some medical issues to get taken care of. We started with his. He had a stapedectomy done to help restore the hearing in his left ear. I took this pic of him that morning before they wheeled him back. And yes, I did ask his permission before sharing it. :)


 
His surgery took a long time, but we were told it went well. We should be able to start telling soon if it worked or not.  We spent the weekend at home after his surgery recovering.
Last week, it was my turn. I had an endometrial ablation done. It was a quick procedure but I was totally knocked out as well. So I've been taking it easy recovering this past weekend from that.
 
So we were forced to stay home (for the most part) the last couple of weekends.  But it's not been bad, we've welcomed the slow-down. We've done some crafts, watched some pre-season football, I've done a little de-junking of a few items here and there, worked on Comic Con costumes and we went on a nice, short family walk/bike ride. We did manage to get out for a few hours one Saturday and I went shopping with a cousin and Mike took the kids to the aquarium and to the nickelcade for some low-key fun.
 
School starts this week and soon enough I'll go back to working a more regular schedule. Looking forward to finishing recovering and for life to get a little busier again (hopefully just a little though). 
 

No comments: