Saturday, September 14, 2013

Salt Lake Comic Con- Day 3

We made it to the big day of Comic Con. And I finally got slightly less lame and dressed up upon much prodding from Mike and my friend Holly. Mike went as the Scarecrow from Batman Begins and I went as Robin. I made his mask out of an old gunny sack and Caleb's old sack of potatoes costume. And re purposed a rope dog toy into a noose. My costume came from many pieces off of Amazon to pull it all together.





 
Once at the con, we met up with our friends Scott and Holly who was dressed as my partner , Batman.
 



Mike and I got stopped several times by random people for pictures. We are probably on blogs all around the land. And we took some more fun pics of things and cosplayers (but not as many as we would have liked because of the crowds).



We had some fun and walked to the Cheesecake Factory and had lunch in our costumes. Then went and did a little shopping. But in the end it was all  about the mother of all celeb photo ops for Comic Con-ers. The man, Stan Lee. I changed out of my costume by this time but this is my favorite pic from the whole experience, even if we were in line for 1.5 hours to get it.


 
 
This day was so packed, they actually had to start turning people away at the doors and it was hard to get to most things. But it was still fun and next year will be even bigger. Oh Yes! They are already planning next year and I've already been told we are going again.  And Grandma has been told we'll be needing a sitter again. Thanks again Grandma Braska! With your help with the kids, we were able to make this a great experience for our first ever Comic Con.
 
Disclaimer (the truth comes out): Even if this sort of thing is not really my scene, seeing Mike get so excited and having so much fun is my scene. So I'm glad I went along, allowed myself to have some fun with it and spend time with him.  Therefore, I'm already looking forward to next year with him. I hope Henry Winkler comes back. If so I'm asking for a kiss!
 
 
 

 



No comments: