Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day started off early with my sister and I heading to the Thanksgiving morning sale at Kmart, like usual. Mike stayed back at the hotel and got some extra sleep. We somehow ended up shopping for over 2 hours in one store! But we scored some deals and scoped out some of the stuff for the nighttime sales as well as helped my Mom get some of her shopping done, so it was a total score!
Once Mike and I were truly ready for the day, we headed over to my Dads to see the kids and start the turkey time. This little stinker had the cutest turkey outfit on but wouldn't let me take a pic. Papa snapped this one, still not the greatest but it's the best she'd let me get.
Once some of the others arrived, we enjoyed some pre-dinner pie and a few rounds of Apples to Apples together. Then it was time for another delicious feast prepared by Grandma Judi. Yummo.


Then being the sacrilegious souls we are, we headed out to the Black Friday (Thursday night) sales. We scored everything we were looking for at the first store and spent a small fortune. Then visited 2 other stores briefly.  We were done before 9 pm and back to Papa's for some more pie and to check in on the kids again. It felt really strange to not have to wake up early the following day.  But it was a good haul and we were happy with what we got.


No comments: