Saturday, May 09, 2015

The Playhouse

For the last 2 months, Faith has made me take her to Sam's Club every Friday before we pick up the boys. She did this for 2 reasons. First, she loves to have a soft pretzel there for lunch and second, because they had the best playhouse display.  We would go and have our pretzel lunch date and then I let her play in the house for a bit before we do whatever shopping we need to do. She often asked both Dad and I to buy her the house and if we could buy it sometime and told us over and over how much she loves it and would love to have one at her house and that we need to "find some monies" to buy it. We talked about it off and on but never really made a decision. Then one Friday, during our weekly outing when I put her in the house for her few minutes of a visit, a worker came over and told us that she couldn't be in it. Odd since we had never been told that before and I had seen numerous kids playing in it during our trips. But we complied and she was so sad and upset. And asked me so innocently, "Mom, when we buy one, then can I play in it?" 
I know, I'm a big sucker. But I've seriously not seen her want anything so badly. So when we got home that day, I called Dad and told him what happened and that we needed to be more serious on making a decision to buy the house or not since they were also almost out of them. He agreed and we decided to go for it. So he stopped on his way home to get one and we kept it hidden for a bit to save it for a surprise.
Since we had some time before meeting Papa to get the kids back after our Vegas trip, and after much discussion about whether to set it up outside or inside, we decided it would better serve them to have it indoors so they could use it year round and so that it would last longer out of the elements. We spent many hours in  the basement putting it together and not long after we picked them up and got them home, Dad put on the finishing touches and we took her downstairs to show her the surprise.






I think she likes it and as an added bonus, the twins were just as thrilled as she was and the 3 of them have already spent many hours this last week playing down there together and dare I say it? Even getting along!  I'd say it's already shaping up to be a pretty sound investment.

No comments: