Monday, October 26, 2015

4 days in Santa Fe- Day 3

Day 3 in Santa Fe started off with Mike heading off to an early morning meeting while I enjoyed some time relaxing in the room with a movie. I chose to forego the offered activity and set out on my own to do some exploring around the plaza. Since there wasn't much open yet, I ended up just walking around and making some new friends.








Once a few stores opened, I ended up doing a little shopping for souvenir's to bring home to the kids and ended up treating myself to some of the local craftsmanship with a couple of jewelry pieces for me.  Then I hit the cathedral up on my way back to the hotel. The doors were open this time and the inside was absolutely beautiful, as expected.




Then I met up with Mike for his afternoon free time. First up we hit up a local bar and grill for some burgers for lunch.  Then we were off on the Canyon Road Walking tour. Canyon road is a couple mile stretch of road lined with over 100 art galleries and tons of outdoor sculptures.  We walked around for a little over an hour and checked them out and went inside a couple of galleries.









After that one of the girls from the Vegas office, Amy,  wanted to meet up and we ended up walking around the plaza with her again and enjoying doing a little more window shopping and visiting with her.  After a quick rest in the hotel after our walk with her, we headed downstairs to take advantage of happy hour.
Then it was off to the next reception and dinner at a neighboring hotel. The dinner was good but the views from the patio we were on and the company we got to spend dinner with was even better.  I admired the mountains in the distance and some of the local architecture.




After dinner, I traded in Mike for Amy to go do a little dancing.

When the music at the event wasn't to our liking, we set out with a few others to check out a local club with a group of others It was an interesting experience to say the least and Mike at least was a good sport and came along even if he wouldn't move from his seat or dance a little.
But Amy and I and a couple other gals got out there and shook our groove things for a few songs before we all headed back to the hotels for the night.   Best day of the trip by far!






No comments: