Monday, October 26, 2015

4 Days in Santa Fe- Days 1-2

Mike's Corporate Board Retreat was held in Santa Fe, NM this year. I had never been to Santa Fe so I was excited to check it out and fortunate that this is the one time a year that his company invites spouses along for the ride.
Mike and I chose to leave a day earlier in order to have a small stop in Albuquerque and have dinner with the two assistant directors that are under him and their spouses. It was super fun to finally meet these two guys that he's spoken so fondly of over the last few years.  And to be able to meet one's spouse and their latest addition to the family as well as the other's mother who was quite the hoot.
Then we hit the road for the hour drive into Santa Fe.  Once we arrived, the trip kinda took a turn for the worse when our hotel turned out to be quite the fiasco.  Super long story (I'll spare you the details) but we were super un-impressed to say the least. But it was late and we were tired, so we dealt with it for the night. The next morning we were up bright and early checking with the front desk for a possible change of rooms and we walked over to the main hotel that was hosting his board meetings where we ran into the Executive AA who is also the travel coordinator. She asked about our accommodations at the other hotel and we let her know what we were dealing with.  She was super responsive and within a few hours we were moved to that hotel and the situation remedied. It was time to have some fun!
We made it to the first luncheon and got to say hello to some of the people from the other states and then he was off to meetings and I was off to my first activity that was offered for the spouses. I chose to do an open air tram tour. It was pretty chilly on it, so that part sucked. But I ended up seeing a lot and learning a lot more than I thought I would. So that was a win. Unfortunately, it only made one stop the whole 1.5 hours so I only got one pic of all of the stuff we saw and learned about. However, I did scope out some places along the way to return to when I had free time on my own.


Once we were back at the hotel, I went to the room to warm up a bit then set out to visit the cathedral Mike and I had walked by in the morning. Unfortunately, I got there just a little too late and the doors were closed so I took some pics outside and wandered into the plaza to do a little window shopping.




After the meetings were over, the company hosted a reception where they were able to present to the board members and have conversations about the work they've been doing as well as mingle before dinner.  I snapped this pic of Mike while he was doing his thing and I was busy mingling and helping myself to the complimentary drinks the hotel offered.  Isn't he handsome?
After the reception they hosted a nice dinner where we again got a visit a bit with some of my favorite people that he works with. Then it was off to the room for some R&R before another day awaited us.

No comments: