Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pre-Valentine's Date Day

After the kids were off safely with Papa for the day on Saturday, it was time to spend some           pre-Valentine's time together. We started off with picking out his flowers to me. 

 Then I gave him the gifts I had bought for him, some candy, some new boxers and a set of matching rings (with the option as necklaces) that have a quote on them from one of his favorite movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas, which says, "We're simply meant to be."  He loved them.


 Then we were off to spend some time with our good friends, the Jones's.  We opted to do another Paint Nite event with them. It was a hoot. We all had a blast and many good laughs.


 Can you tell who painted which pic? We may or may not have swapped them around for this photo op.  :)
After coming home and watching one of my favorite chick flicks together, A Walk in the Clouds, we dressed up and went to dinner together at the fancy Fleming's Steakhouse again where he once again spoiled me with the best steak ever.

I am constantly reminded of this guy's love for me with everything he does. Not that we need a special day like Valentine's Day to express it, but it sure is fun to have the extra celebration of it to look forward to every year.  I'm so lucky to have gotten a guy who likes the holiday almost as much as I do.  

No comments: