Monday, February 29, 2016

He's Gettin' Pretty Handy

That guy of mine is getting pretty handy these days. When we stopped by the home improvement store on Friday for a new hose for the washer, I naturally shopped around a bit. I had been looking for some new outdoor lights for the garage every time we go, but we could never seem to agree on any or if we did, they were far too expensive to consider. So I decided to go a different route and just update the ones that were already there. I didn't take a before pic, but they were previously a maroon color that had been faded by the sun over the years to a dull pink.  So we picked out some spray paint and after some cleaning and painting on Saturday morning. Mike put them back up and I have to say for $6 worth of spray paint, all 3 of them look like a million bucks and brand new.  I'm very, very pleased. 

 Unfortunately for him, while he was hanging those, I started thinking about the recessed light on our porch that I hated and had a vision of a hanging lantern to add some character, so yep, back to the store we went for another something totally unrelated and I looked to see what they had.  Bam! Just what I wanted!  So.....after running into a few issues and a couple more trips to the store.....he got it hung for me. It's so perfect. I'm seriously in love and it's so much brighter and more inviting all lit up than the previous light.

I also was able to talk him into helping me with a small project for the twins' upcoming birthday party, cleaning out the garage, installing the new washer/dryer and getting the old ones out of the house,  hauling a load of unwanted stuff to the thrift store, and helping with regular chores around the house. We were thoroughly exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

I'm thinking the front door needs a new paint job. I didn't realize how sun faded it has also become. But now's the hard part, do I do dark brown again or change it up to something fun, like a dark maroon?  Currently taking suggestions for the next free project day.



No comments: