Sunday, April 18, 2010

That's my Caleb

Sometimes the best pictures are those you take when you aren't even trying to get "good pictures". This picture was just a snapshot I took of Caleb during our trip to the zoo today. When I got home and started looking through pics it immediately made me smile and say, "Yep, that's my Caleb." Don't let that pout face fool you, those mischeivious eyes are telling you a story just like they always do. He was trying to pretend to be annoyed that Mom kept snapping pictures. But I think you can tell deep down that he was loving it.
How could I not want to play with at least some basic touchups on this one? So first I cropped out a lot of the background. Who wants Rhino's when you have a subject like this anyway?

Then I had to zoom in onto this wonderful face and brighten those blue eyes of his, just a smidge.

And of course because I love them, I had to do at least one black and white of the same style.
So there are 3 great shots that I think any Mom would be proud to display on their walls or in their office. I am loving the new camera and happy to get a little more photography taking and editing practice in. Little by little.

No comments: