Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sick Symphony

This household has had it's fair share of colds and sickness lurking around the last couple of weeks. We ended up at the Dr's office twice within a week with 2 boys. Zaden we were told was just a cold and his rash some sort of allergic reaction (no idea to what). And then Caleb got himself a nice ear infection along with the shared cold. Last night as I was getting everyone ready for bed and not feeling real great, I found myself listening to all the sounds the kids were making and the sounds from my own body and it made me laugh as I got myself ready for bed. Here are some of the sounds.

"Cough"
"Hack"
"Sneeze"
"Sniffle"
"blow"
"thump thump" (my head pounding)
"scratch scratch" ( our throats hurting)
and right before I put myself in bed I was awakened to the lovely sound of "Puke" from Caleb who then ended up in my bed with me for the rest of the night. Which led to "Caleb, quit kicking!"

So today I've been silently writing a little ditty in my head of these sounds as we trudged through another day. It goes a little something like this:

Thump, Thump, Thump, sneeze, cough, cough, sniffle, sneeze, scratch, scratch, hack, cough, hack, Caleb quit kicking, cough cough, sniffle, blow, thump thump, scratch, PUKE, cough, cough, sniffle sneeze, hack , cough, cough, thump ,thump, scratch, blow, Caleb quit kicking!

But alas we all found a way to drift off to sleep. Maybe it's because I just recently watched the movie August Rush but I couldn't help but notice the sounds all around last night. So how's that for turning them into something positive? I think it will become a #1 hit someday.

No comments: