Friday, May 13, 2011

Bow Holder

I was perusing the net this morning trying to get some ideas of storage for the hair bows and flower clips I have already started collecting for little miss Faith when I came across something like this and thought, "I could do that." So then I was on a mission to get to the craft store and get my supplies. I picked up some various ribbons in the color scheme that we are dreaming about for her room. Ladybugs, pink, green and browns. A blank canvas and some liquid fusion glue as well and I was on my way to projectville.


First I measured and cut some ribbons the length (plus a little extra to wrap around the back) of the canvas. Then I also cut up an old index card to use as a spacer between the ribbons to keep the spacing as even as possible and started gluing, gluing, gluing.

This is what the back looks like when I was done gluing and waiting for it to dry. I love projects that the back doesn't matter. Only add glue to the ends since you want the ribbon on the front to be loose enough to clip the bows and flowers onto.




Once they were all dry enough I flipped it over and attached another ribbon for hanging and some loose ribbons for decoration on the top.


Now that it's all finally dry, I hung it in that room for a little test run to make sure the glue is going to hold up and added a few of the bows to it.



I love it. Of course you could always paint the canvas first, or cover it with a patterned material. That's the thing I loved about this project, the possibilities were endless with material, paint, and ribbon possibilities. But plain white seemed to work in my case for the look I was going for. And it was super simple. I am thinking these would be great little baby shower gifts and/or birthday gifts for the little girls in your life. Other than drying time it only took me about 30 minutes. Happy Crafting Day to me.

No comments: