Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day this year turned into a spread out weekend. On Friday night we stopped to by the traditional flowers for the Mother's Day flower bed planting and brought them home. After Mike did the regular yard work that night, he opted to go ahead and just get them planted as well since the weather was expected to turn cruddy again by Sunday anyway. So I put them where I wanted them and sat and watched him and Caleb plant them all.
Saturday I was able to go up to Park City all afternoon with a girlfriend of mine and shop, shop, shop. So much fun and great deals, as always, a little bit came home for everyone. I got home in time for dinner with the boys and to relax on the sofa while watching a movie. And when I pulled in the driveway, I pulled into this message. The sunlight made it hard to see with the camera, but it says "We love Mom," in sidewalk chalk.


Sunday morning, I got breakfast in bed. Pancakes, eggs and some watermelon. It was super yummy. And Caleb brought me the gifts he'd been working on for me. He made me a counting book that he said I could read to the boys to teach them to count. And also a beautiful card in Chinese that he made at school.




The rest of Sunday was mostly like any other Sunday. We relaxed and watched TV and did laundry. Mike and Caleb snuck off to see Thor for a couple hours and I stayed here and watched another running of Despicable Me with the twins. Another Mother's Day down, now onto planning for Father's Day next month.


No comments: