Monday, August 15, 2011

She's Teasing Us

I woke up this morning feeling pretty awful. Hurting everywhere, having some contractions and feeling like I got hit by a mac truck. I told Mike and my sister that this was going to be the week....I just knew it.And truthfully with school and everything starting next week, it would be a great week (not baking-wise, but schedule-wise). Well little girl must have already caught on that she's coming into a family that loves to tease each other and is already showing us what she's got. After all of the headaches, worries and grief she gave us weeks 31-33, she's decided to tease us and do what she should be doing and staying put.
It seemed like an eternity to get to our Dr. appt this afternoon. When we were heading to the back with the nurse we passed the Dr. in the hall and his exact words to us were, "Wow, are you still pregnant?" Seems he was/is as surprised as the rest of us. He did a quick check of everything and wanted to take bets on when she was coming. He said he would be surprised if we go another week, but that's what he's said the last few weeks. So the next baby-step goal is one more week to 36. He joked with us once that maybe we'd go past due. I think I will go crazy before that happens, but we'll just see what little girls plans are.

No comments: