Monday, August 01, 2011

33 Week Update

Because of scheduling conflicts, we went to our 33 week checkup early in the week this week. We thought things were going pretty well as I had had relatively few contractions throughout the weekend and really stayed off my feet a lot. The Dr. decided to check me again and boy were we surprised to hear him tell us that she has moved on down into my pelvis and I am 70% effaced. I am still only dilated to a 1. But going from not effaced at Labor and Delivery last week to 70% in one week really makes us nervous. The doc is still shooting for at least next week or even the week after, but anything after that is probably NOT going to happen. Since we can't and don't want to schedule anything this early (with hopes of keeping her in there), it's going to be really hard to find someone to sit the boys when she decides it's time to go for sure which makes us even more nervous. The Dr. also strongly suggested that I not travel to my family reunion this weekend in Huntington Canyon since that would put us nearly 3 hours away if something happens. So I am disappointed in that, but know it's for the best.

Keep crossing your fingers and toes for us and maybe she'll surprise us all still and beat the odds. We are trying to stay optimistic, but truthfully the pessimism is getting the best of us. We are fully expecting to meet baby girl in the next week or 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally crossing my fingers for you dear. Hopefully this will help with nerves, but I went from nothing to 80% effaced in just a couple days and stayed that way for three weeks. So she could totally still hang out in there for a while.