Sunday, October 28, 2012

Carvin' 2012 style

After Grandma and Papa left on Saturday, we returned home for a while and decided that we wanted to get those pumpkins carved. So I ran to the store for a couple of necessities and decided to make a night of it. It was a little hard to do since Mike and I were both tired and a little cranky by then, but we pushed through and upon my return from the store, I went to work making dinner. We had mummy dogs with fries and I made us some homemade root beer.
 
Then it was time to carve, carve carve.
 
 
Faith helped by putting the seeds back into Zaden's pumpkin after he would scoop them out.
 
 
The twins both decided after about 5 minutes they were done and tired and went to bed early. I finished gutting theirs and Mike put the patterns on for them which I later carved. Caleb only needed a little help here and there with his and Mike took on Faith's. Here are the results.
 
Mine
 
 
Faith's
Zaden's
 
Zaric's
Caleb's
 
And a group shot
Mike's work is having a carving contest this year so he's waiting to do his until closer to then. It turned out to be a nice night even if Mike and I did 90% of the work.

No comments: