Sunday, July 26, 2015

Super Birthday Week!

Mike's upcoming birthday has somehow turned into a birthday week this year. We sort of kicked it off yesterday.  After the aquarium we took an impromptu trip to the theater to see Ant-man with my niece and her boyfriend. To tell you the truth, I wasn't thrilled with this idea and I didn't really want to see it, but decided to be a good sport and go.  Turns out, I really liked it! It was so much better than I was expecting. It will be on the purchase list for sure.
As we were leaving the theater, my friend Scott texted me and invited us to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Score on not having to cook! It was so delicious and good conversation for us with him and his 2 boys.  Afterwards, we took a family walk and then my niece and her boyfriend showed up at the house to play a card game with us until way past our bedtimes.

Since the kids will be camping with Papa during the actual day this week, I decided that I wanted them to be able to have at least some sort of celebration with him before they left. So we started off how every birthday should start off......with dessert first!

Early this morning, I decorated my first full cake using fondant. And of course I went for a Superman theme.  It's certainly not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for my first stab at this type of cake.

The kids got excited and all had to have superhero shirts on like Dad. So I had to go change and join in the fun as well for some pics.


The kids patiently waited for cake until the ripe time of noon before they just couldn't wait any longer! So we sang a little Happy Birthday with our special guest star, DaNell, joining in and he blew out a few candles with some mime-like assistance behind him,.

A great start to what's sure to be a busy- but super fun- birthday week for my favorite guy.

No comments: