Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010 Home-Style

Part of me wishes I could say that we have been partying it up for the New Year, but that's not the case. Our New Year has started off at a slow and steady pace, the majority of it spent at home and looking back on it today I wouldn't have it any other way.
So I thought I would start the blog for this year off with some quick updates on what we have all been up to this last week or so.

Zaric and Zaden: They are still loving the cars Santa brought them. They spend the majority of each day in them. Getting in and Out, making Vroom Vroom noises and just sitting around in them. They have both been trying to say a few new words here and there. They have also been enjoying their little train set and their little Mickey Mouse kitchen and Elmo microwave they got from Mom and Dad. Those seem to be the favorites so far. They haven't seemed to mind that we have spent the majority of our time right here at home and have played away the days, made a lot of messes, enjoyed naps on Daddy and ate like champs (must be hitting a growth spurt).

Caleb: He is healing great! There is such a difference when kids are able to tell you what hurts and when. He has been so grown up about everything. He comes and tells us when it hurts and we get him his pain medicine. He understands what he can eat and what he can't right now. He is having a good time taking advantage of the situation though as he grins like he's up to something every time he gets in the freezer for another Popsicle. He has spent most of his time playing with his new airplanes and his DS as well as enjoying a lot of cartoon time and playing some Wii with Dad. He still isn't sleeping completely through the night but has seemed a little more well-rested to me. He loves being home surrounded by his toys these days and usually whines when we do make him go out of the house. For the most part, you wouldn't even know that he had his tonsils out, he's still as wild as ever. The biggest difference is that his voice still sounds like a munchkin right now. It makes us giggle but he doesn't seem to mind it at all.

Mike: Mike has spent a lot of time just being a good Daddy. He worked a couple of days last week and the rest of the time he has spent here helping me out, playing with the kids and enjoying our time off together. He's spending a lot of time on his own DS and enjoyed having a couple friends over on New Years Eve for some Wii time for the guys. I have a couple quick projects lined up for him today but nothing major so we can enjoy our last day of vacation before real life takes over again here, relaxing at home like the rest of it. He did take me us out of the house and to a few stores yesterday to avoid a little bit of stir crazy that I was starting to have.

Me: I have really enjoyed just being home for the most part. The house keeps driving me crazy with the toys everywhere but I keep having to remind myself that it means the boys are playing well and enjoying their new things and that makes it bearable. When our friends came over on New Years Eve I got out the Cricut for some craft time with the girls while the guys played Wii. It stayed out for 2 more days, but I am happy to report that I got ahead on a couple of projects and did a couple of other unplanned projects as well and I love them all. I finally put it away yesterday but with a feeling of accomplishment and that felt good. Neither one of us has really set any resolutions this year but I know that we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves both individually and as a family so I am not too worried about that.

And that's basically it for the week off we have had. Nothing too exciting but I think still pretty perfect. Today will be spent watching football, doing laundry and I already put a nice roast in the Crock Pot for dinner. I think it will be a fitting end to our time off to have a nice meal together tonight. What have you been up to this year?

No comments: