Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Purple Kitchen? Who knew?

We have been meaning to paint our kitchen for at least a few years now and kept putting it off for as long as possible, then we stared at colors for what seemed like an eternity and could never agree on anything ( no surprise there). So on Friday when Mike gave me a big sigh about looking at colors with me I told him that I was going to just do what I wanted then and the color that was most appealing to me from the swatches hanging on the walls from the last 3 weeks or so was a shade of purple. A purple kitchen? I know it didn't seem right to me either but I decided to get brave and go for it so off we went for paint and supplies.
Mike and I worked late into the night on Friday night and all morning Saturday morning. Caleb helped a little too.


We only had once major "incident" with the twins which required an immediate bath (after a photo of course).
We took a break in the middle of the day to rest and to go to a friends bday party. But after we got back it was right back to work. We didn't have to work as late last night but still late enough to finish up and let it dry over night. And when we got up this morning. The grand unveiling!!!!!!

I absolutely love it. I don't think I could be any happier with the results if I tried. We picked out a gray for the trim and the doors and ended up even doing one wall in it. I just keep staring and saying "purple, who knew". Here are Mike's words about it ,"Well it looks like Barbie's playhouse, But I kinda like it anyway." Hey, after all the arguing we did on colors, I'll take a "kinda like it" from him any day. Just wait, I think that "kinda like" will turn to "love it" soon enough.
Gotta finish moving back in my decorations this morning and some more cleanup. So back to work for us, but I couldn't wait one more minute to share the results with everyone. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! My craft room is purple. Purple is my favorite color, so you have my vote for purple any day.

mom o said...

I love it!! I keep telling myself that I need to get brave and add some color into my home. You have given me inspiration. Now I just need to do it.