Thursday, January 07, 2010

It's Here!

Mike and I decided to pool the Christmas money we got this year together and buy ourselves a nice new camera. Ours is getting a little outdated and we have been wanting a new one for some time. We decided on a Nikon D 5000. We ordered it the day after Christmas and the 10 days or so since then have felt like an eternity to get here. But it arrived yesterday right before I left for work. We have snapped a couple of shots around the house. Everyone is being subjected to playing model for Mom. We watched a video that came with the camera last night. It's very informative but leaves us a bit overwhelmed at all of the potential this camera has. I can't wait to keep learning about it and trying out different stuff with it. So get ready for loads of pictures to keep popping up here on the blog as I will be anxious to share as well and will love to get your feedback and ideas/opinions on them.

Here are a couple that I snapped last night and this morning. I need some good photo editing software but I can see potential in them. Not bad for not having a clue what I am doing though. We are taking it along on our activities planned for this weekend to try it out some more. Wish us luck!












No comments: